Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Our Misson...

...to complete the Triangle of home brew clubs.

Welcome Brewers! We are looking at starting up a local home brew club to serve the Carrboro-Chapel Hill area and we want you to join. Our goal is to fill in the left corner of the Triangle and become a third choice alongside the two well established and respected clubs in the Triangle area, CARBOY (Raleigh area) and TRUB (Durham area).

We are currently planning the details of the club, including where we will meet, what we will do, and what our actual name will be. Comments and suggestions are welcome on all fronts.

Check back later to see what the updates are and until then,

as always.......

Relax Don't Worry Have A Home Brew!

John J.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just went to the 5th Season store today for the first time. Looks like a good selection and good prices. I'm excited not to drive to Durham and Raleigh anymore...brewing season is around the corner.

Micki said...

john, i went to linda brakenbrae's yesterday to pick up our hens and she let me pick more hops. i was like a 5 year old on a berry bush. it felt like christmas. i have another batch worth of cascades, so dustin and i will probably brew again this weekend. woo hoo!
it was great to see you the other night!
i can't wait to get this club started. i'm wicked excited.

John J. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John J. said...

Mikki, I've got my recipe almost ready for these hops. I went and bought the IPA kit at 5th Season, it comes with 3 oz. of Cascade. I also bought an extra 3.3 can of Munton's light extract and half a pound of Crystal 40. For yeast I bought the high gravity White Labs vial.

I figured I'd use this kit, the extra can o' extract and my own cascades plus the one's I got from linda. I'm going for an imperial IPA. We shall see how it turns out. It will probably need about 3 months to mature but it should taste good.

I'm brewing it this weekend.

ps. we had a good time too. See you Wednesday

Enso said...

I'm very interested in a Carrbor-CH based homebrew club.
I'm also looking for a club where there is an interest beyond drinking.
I'm exciting about the cooking and science, methods and techniques, recipe formulation...everything!

To me, making the beer is as much fun as drinking.

Looking forward to this!

Unknown said...

Would love to join a Carrboro-Chapel Hill Homebrew Club. Keep me posted!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,
I'd like to join this club, if it's in operation. I see there hasn't been an update for almost a year. I've just started brewing, and have started a blog dedicated to it: http://chapelhillhomebrew.wordpress.com

Please let me know if the club is meeting any time soon.

Caleb Rudow said...

I work at the Fifth Season and am having a homebrew gathering at my house on the 17th of October from 5:00-9:00. I live at 511 N Greensboro, 3 blocks down the street from Weaver Street. I am brewing a good 5 gallon batch for the occasion and am working on getting some other homebrewers involved. Feel free to bring beer to share and swap with other homebrewers and beer enthusiasts. Email me for more details at calebrudow@gmail.com.

Unknown said...

I am trying to start a local (Carrboro) club. Just need a free brewers to start